Focused on its vision to provide quality and globally competitive education for the Filipino youth, Central Luzon College of Science and Technology, or CELTECH College, is totally committed to be a leading career development and education center for maritime, health care, business and public administration , applied science, and technical-vocational courses to meet the manpower requirements of an industrializing and economically strong Philippines in the third millennium.
Conceptualized as a fashion school on May 20, 1959 by Dona Helen P. Legaspi and opened formally in San Fernando, Pampanga as the Artistic Vocational School (AVS) on September 24 of the same year, CELTECH College, as it is known today, has evolved into a model institution of higher learning by providing low-cost and affordable quality education to the financially disadvantage and hardworking youths of Pampanga, Tarlac, Bataan and Zambales Province.
In recognition of this pioneering and enterprising work of Mrs. Legaspi in quality vocational education, the Artistic Vocational School, the forerunner of CELTECH College, was awarded the most outstanding vocational school in Pampanga by the Lira Pampanguena. In 1964, the need for a bigger building to accommodate its increasing student population led to the construction of a four-story building at B. Mendoza Street in San Fernando, which is the present site of its San Fernando campus. By 1967, a branch of AVS was opened in Angeles City, and shortly thereafter had its first commencement exercises with 205 vocational graduates.